Please help keep the truth alive - or all we have are lies!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Turn the Page: Please Don’t Rip It!


I think one of the best points Romney made in his acceptance speech to the Republican National Convention was when he looked America straight in the eyes and asked them truthfully,” If you felt that excitement when you voted for Barack Obama, shouldn’t you feel that way now that he’s President Obama”. Well, if I have to look him back in the eyes and answer truthfully, I would have tell him that I should,  but I really truthfully don’t. Attacking Obama’s performance record and not the popular President personally was a brilliant move on the string pullers part.
One of the great advantages of running for office, rather than trying to hold onto office, is not having all the bold and lofty campaign promises you made in the last election come back and bite you in your but when they end up as failures or half victories.  Regardless of whether Romney wins the election in November, his party has done an incredible job in turning him into a personable, likeable, and trustworthy persona compared to the elitist robot that alienated him from voters before he decided to run in 2012. I think that putting the past disappointments of the last four years sounds tempting for voters regardless of their party affiliations. I can’t be the only one desperate to move on to somewhere, anywhere but where we are now. I am highly suspicious though of moving into Romney’s house; I have a feeling I would end up in the servant quarters with the rest of the poor people.

No comments:

Post a Comment